Friday, May 2, 2014

COMMITMENT: one word with a huge meaning


Well I signed a one year lease on my little apartment in the Chicago Gold Coast.  I spent weeks looking for other places to live and working out all the details on paper but I decided my first apartment will stay my first apartment for the next year.  I will experience all the summer festivities and the horrible winter here.  Luckily my 15th floor studio is a block from my new (second) job at Kate Spade.  Which side bar I am very excited to start because filling my days with beautiful things from a brand I adore is going to be exciting.  But back to commitment...I am officially staying in Chicago, not that I was planning on leaving after my sublet ended but it is all very, and I mean very real now.  It is also extremely exciting, like I have spent the day making my apartment really feel like home, and making sure it is everything I could want in my first apartment!

My whole life commitment has been a slight issue, I either jump in head first with no thought or I detail everything that could happen good or bad.  I lean towards planning extensively and making sure there is really nothing that could go wrong.  And typically I go with the safe option and have several backup plans.  This time I just went with my gut and let's be honest a lot can go wrong in this situation.  I have chosen to let go of all the what ifs I have managed to dream up and jump head first with my fingers crossed which I think is something people should do more often.

When you think about it making a commitment is really more exciting than it is scary.  So what if things go wrong, really, really wrong? You learned something didn't you.  The best example of this is falling in love, you can't be scared of loving someone because you could miss out on the best times of your life, you could let the best thing that has ever happened to you slip out of your fingers based on fear.  I love Chicago and yes she could royally fuck me six ways to sunday but I bet that sunday will still be my favorite day of the week.  You can't control life you just have to allow yourself to commit especially in matters where your heart flutters and learn as you go!



So here's to Chicago the biggest commitment I have made for now, come visit!

xxx
B











1 comment:

  1. would love to see your new space! I need some inspiration as i will be looking soon and I am considering studios to save some money. Someone as stylish as you must have some great ideas

    ReplyDelete