Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Carrie Bradshaw Moment


I like to play dress up and from day to day act as if I am Carrie Bradshaw living the fabulous life drinking champagne and wearing Manolos.  However most days you will find me in ripped jeans and a giant sweater that is more like a blanket with sleeves but anyways I like to play dress up.  Well last night was date night and because I lost a bet and finally got a reservation we were going to be dining at best steak house in Chicago on me.  This meant I had every intention of dressing up and making a thing of it, which is exactly what I did.  Not to mention this restaurant makes the best champagne cocktail, it is straight out of The Great Gatsby so believe me this was going to be an affair to remember.  No one who knows me will find this surprising and those of you who have no idea who the hell I am well you should have a decent idea by now.



I decided an appropriate outfit would be a nearly floor length tutu, cashmere sweater and silver italian leather pumps.  I love wearing a statement skirt, specifically tutus so when I happened upon this gem in Anthropologie I knew it was love at first sight and one day I would find myself wandering down streets walking home with a gentleman and know that I was having a real Carrie Bradshaw moment.  And low and behold that night was last night.  I found myself at 11pm wrapped up in a fairytale and realizing that I am becoming exactly who I want to be.

xxx
B

ps.  I highly recommend Champagne Cocktails!




 Outfit Details: Skirt from Anthropologie, Heels from Jcrew, Sweather Jcrew, Necklace Vintage Pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment