Monday, April 21, 2014

Chicago and Blyss


      (photo credit: mofosodope tumblr)

There is something to be said about just saying "yes" and figuring the rest out later.  It has been two weeks since I moved to the magical city of Chicago.  My tiny studio apartment in the Gold Coast has become my office, my sanctuary, and my source of inspiration.  It helps that I am blocks from all the great shopping and some pretty delectable food but that is a blessing and a curse as well.  In the two weeks I have been here I have been to a Bulls game, a Blackhawks game, and a Cubs game so I have a whole new appreciation for sports and their fans.  I have also learned how not to dress when attending these events and the idea that when in doubt overdress does not apply to all occasions, and it is ok to wear a t-shirt and jeans in the city.  I find this very exciting because although I love expensive pretty things the fact that people are very casual here makes my heart happy! I can dress like a homeless person and not be judged! HALLELUJAH.  I have also fallen in love with walking everywhere, on days when I am overdressed for meeting a boy for drinks after work I get validation that I am doing alright because people are staring and I almost forgot how much I missed that.

Ok but in all seriousness, I think the scariest part is I don't have a job that pays my rent, finding a job is a lot harder than they make it out to be in college and really how far is Target because that is one place I can't live without.  I have left behind everything I have known for the past 23 years and decided that I am going to find myself and grow up in a city I hardly know.  It is exciting and terrifying but in the best way.  I have every opportunity to do whatever I want and really do something incredible with my life.

So here I am sharing this whole journey with the rest of the world, all the fashion, mishaps, adventures, and lots of champagne.  Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the life of a girl with a band of bitches(who are now far far away from me) and a love of all things fabulous!

xxx
B

No comments:

Post a Comment