Monday, July 20, 2015

Dresses, Boys, Wine, and Magic

Dress and Shoes- Kate Spade, Earrings-Jcrew

If there is one piece of advice that I could offer any girl in this world it is, buy the damn dress!  So what you have to eat like a college student for a week to afford it, or you have to give up your daily coffee run for a month...BUY THE DRESS! Carrie Bradshaw had shoes and I have dresses!  I love them all and proudly display them in the living room where I reside aka Fort Blyss (one day I will do a room tour) because they were worth every penny I spent on them.  Life is too short to not spend it in clothes that make you feel magical!  I step into one of these gems and my whole day is transformed, I could conquer the world if I was so inclined.  

Dress- Ann Taylor, Shoes- Jeffrey Campbell

This idea though about just giving in and allowing for life to be fun and exciting goes beyond the magic of a dress, while I sat here trying to write an entire post on a magical dress I realized that this post wasn't about a dress at all but about how one small thing can quite literally change your life.  Yes, for me a dress has had the power to "change my life" but it is not just about the dress.  You can't sit back and watch your life pass you by, you have to step out there and go for it.  You must dance in the puddles, kiss the boy you find charming, and sing in the car.  It is these small things that all add up and make for a rather eventful day.  



You can say that since starting my new job I have been more inclined to staying home and sleeping on my off days instead of having magically exciting days but this has slowly begun to change for me. Just in this past week I had the greatest movie date of all time with 3 of the most wonderful friends I have made, went on a fabulous shopping date and bought things to make myself feel fantastic, and instead of sleeping after a trip (the usual) I drank wine and had pool hangs (going off of 1 hour of sleep by the way).  Let me tell you, no sleep for wine will always win in my book! 


The fact of the matter is you have to buy the dress, you have to drink the wine, and you have to put yourself out there because with that comes the magic.  I know it is terrifying because you might make a fool out of yourself or someone might stare, or maybe you'll end up dancing all alone, but in the end it is worth every penny.



Dress and Bracelets- Kate Spade, Earrings-JCrew

xxx
B







No comments:

Post a Comment