Friday, November 7, 2014

Liar Liar

Carrie Bradshaw lied

While the woman gave me the power to own my fashion statements and make excuses for drinking fancy coffee, while at one point smoking Marlboro Lights, and deciding that my life will be considered complete when I am purchasing an apt in Manhattan with a man I love while wearing Manolo Blahniks.  She is dirty dirty liar.    
Why you might ask…well for starters being single is not the worst thing in the world (not even Taylor Swift thinks so).  Wearing heels every day is painful, very painful.  Getting a job at Vogue is not as easy as it looks.  Just because you write a witty article doesn’t mean writing a book will fall in your lap (I certainly haven’t been approached for a book deal).  And last but not least there is nothing romantic about being heartbroken.
What Carrie got right though was our friends are our soul-mates, the shoes and the bag and the dress are always worth it, boys come and go but you will eventually get your “BIG” love and at the end of the day if all else fails go get yourself a Cosmo!
So while I am sitting here writing this you should know I am going to buy the shoes, drink the coffee, and make plans with all those girls who I haven’t seen in way too long!  And when my BIG love comes along you will be the first to know.

PS maybe a book is in the works…

xxx
B




1 comment: